Smoky Beef Brisket
1½ tbsp(s), smoked variety
Unpacked brown sugar
Chipotle chili powder
1 tsp(s), crumbled
Uncooked flat cut lean trimmed beef brisket
6 fl oz, (3/4 cup) regular or nonalcoholic
- Stir together garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, chile powder, cumin, oregano, and salt in cup. Rub all over brisket. Place brisket in large zip-close plastic bag. Squeeze out air and seal bag; refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 8 hours, turning once or twice.
- Place brisket in 6-quart Instant Pot (cut brisket crosswise in half and stack, if needed). Stir together beer, barbecue sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in glass measure; pour over meat. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 50 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Allow pressure to naturally release 15 minutes. Move steam release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Transfer meat to cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, press Sauté and set cooking time for 15 minutes. Bring juices to boil. Boil, uncovered, until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 8 minutes. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Pour juices into fat separator and pour off fat or pour into glass measure and skim off and discard fat from surface; stir in vinegar. Thinly slice beef across grain into 24 slices; arrange on platter. Spoon some pan juices over. Serve with remaining pan juices.
- Single Serving: 3 slices brisket and 3 tablespoons pan juices.