Slow cooker cider-braised pulled chicken-apple sandwiches
2 large, Fuji variety, peeled, sliced
1 large, sliced thinly
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Apple cider (fermented)
2 tsp(s), or to taste
½ tsp(s), or to taste
Shredded red cabbage
Apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp(s), divided
Light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
12 bun(s), toasted
- Place apples and onion in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker; top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cider, mustard, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW until chicken is cooked through, 5-6 hours.
- Meanwhile, when chicken is almost done cooking, in a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots and 2 tsp vinegar; season to taste and set aside.
- Using two forks, shred chicken in slow cooker; stir in remaining 1 tsp vinegar and rosemary. Season to taste, if necessary, and spoon 1/2 c chicken mixture onto each roll bottom. Top each with 2 Tbsp slaw; cover with roll tops.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich.