Shrimp Taco Tostadas
Cumin-dusted, sautéed shrimp are super paired with chipotle coleslaw and then spooned over crispy corn tortillas.
Packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
¼ cup(s), chopped
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Fresh lime juice
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ tsp(s), finely chopped (or to taste)
½ tsp(s), (or to taste)
4 small, 4-in each
6 oz, peeled, deveined (12 large)
- Combine slaw mix, cilantro, mayonnaise, water, lime juice, chipotle chilies and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add tortillas; cook until crisp and golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove tortillas; set aside.
- Off heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with cumin and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; add shrimp to skillet. Cook shrimp until lightly browned and cooked through, turning once, 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place a tortilla on each of 4 serving plates; evenly divide slaw mixture over top. Top each with 3 shrimp; serve.
- Serving size: 1 tostada per serving.
Serve with fresh lime wedges. Garnish with extra cilantro.