Scallop and bacon kabobs
1 pound(s), jumbo-size preferred (about 12 to a pound)
Uncooked reduced fat bacon
1 medium, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
16 medium, or cherry tomatoes
- Soak eight 10- to 12-inch wooden skewers in water for at least 2 hours (or use metal skewers).
- Place a grill pan in broiler and heat to high (or heat an outdoor grill to high).
- To assemble kabobs, using 2 skewers held parallel, about 1 inch apart, thread the end of one bacon strip onto skewers. Add a scallop and flip long end of bacon over scallop and skewer it into place. Add a cucumber slice and a tomato; flip long end of bacon over tomato and skewer it into place. Add another scallop and flip bacon over scallop. Add a cucumber slice and a tomato; flip bacon over tomato again and skewer it into place. Continue process—threading on another slice of bacon when necessary—until each skewer is complete with 3 scallops, 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomatoes and 2 strips of bacon. Repeat entire process with remaining skewers and ingredients to yield 4 kabobs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place kabobs on grill pan and broil (or grill) for 4 minutes on one side; turn kabobs and cook until bacon is cooked and scallops just begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Yields 1 kabob per serving.