Savoury Matzo Pudding
3 egg white(s), large
Canned chicken broth
2 cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 3 quart ovenproof baking dish (about 13x 7inches) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whiles, salt and pepper until wellcombined; stir in broth.
- Run each sheet of matzo under cold water and shake off excess moisture; crumble matzo into egg mixture and stir well to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add onions and celery; sauté until onions turn translucent, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables brown and start to caramelize, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When eggs are almost all absorbed by matzo, stir in vegetable mixture until wellcombined; spoon mixture into prepared dish and smooth out top. Drizzle oil over top of matzo pudding; bake until top is crisp, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into 12 equal portions. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Yields 1 piece per serving.