Sam Houston’s Poached Pears
extra virgin olive oil
apple cider vinegar
raw Bosc pear(s)
4 item(s), or Anjou, firm, halved
Hill Street Vin(Zero) Brut Blanc
grated Parmesan cheese
4 tbsp(s), freshly grated
green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
4 medium, finely sliced
- In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard, set aside
- Set a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Add the pears (cut side down) and cover with Vin(Zero) Brut Blanc sparkling wine. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove pears from poaching liquid, and place on a plate to drain as you assemble the salad.
- In the large mixing bowl with assembled dressing, add the arugula and toss well to coat.
- Divide the arugula between four plates. Top each salad with two pear halves, 1 Tbsp. of Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp. of pumpkin seeds, and one sliced green onion.