Salmon niçoise salad with lemon-caper dressing
Fresh lemon juice
1½ small, minced
2 tbsp(s), rinsed, drained
Extra virgin olive oil
Uncooked new potato(es)
¾ pound(s), sliced 1/3-inch thick
Uncooked string beans
8 oz, trimmed
Uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin
4 cup(s), chopped
2 small, cut into wedges
Whole hard boiled egg(s)
2 egg(s), peeled, sliced
12 medium, Niçoise variety
- To make dressing, put lemon juice, shallot, capers, oil, water and mustard in a blender container; puree and set aside.
- Put about 3-inches salted water in a large pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes; reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, 7-10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a bowl with a slotted spoon; toss with 1 Tbsp dressing and let cool.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water; set aside.
- Put green beans in same large pot; simmer until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to ice water with a slotted spoon; cool and then drain.
- Put salmon in a steamer basket; sprinkle with salt. Set steamer over simmering water; cover and steam fish until just opaque in center, 8-10 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, divide lettuce, potatoes, string beans, tomatoes, eggs and olives among 4 plates; top each with 2 oz salmon and drizzle each with about 2 1/2 Tbsp dressing.