Roman-style chicken cacciatore
olive oil cooking spray
frozen sliced carrots
4 cup(s), cut into 2-inch lengths
1 large, halved and sliced
½ pound(s), small size
dried porcini mushrooms
½ oz, (1 package)
1 Tbsp, fresh leaves
4 fl oz, 1/2 cup, dry
4 clove(s), medium, chopped
canned chicken broth
canned tomato paste
½ cup(s), halves
crushed red pepper flakes
uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh
- Spray chicken with nonstick spray and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press Sauté on 6-quart Instant Pot and set cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, add chicken, skin-side down, and cook until browned on both sides. Transfer to plate.
- Add carrots, onion, cremini and porcini mushrooms, rosemary, garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to pot. Cook, stirring, until onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Whisk together wine, broth, and tomato paste in small bowl until blended; pour into pot. Place chicken, skin-side up, on top of vegetable mixture. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 7 minutes. When time is up, allow pressure to naturally release 5 minutes. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to platter. Skim off fat from cooking juices. Press Sauté and set cooking time for 15 minutes. Bring juices to boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together water and cornstarch in cup. Stir into cooking juices and cook, uncovered, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with pepper flakes. Remove chicken skin before eating.
- Single Serving: 1 chicken thigh and 1/2 cup vegetables with 1/4 cup sauce