Roasted turkey with mushroom gravy
Uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
1½ pound(s), about two 12 oz tenderloins
4 tsp(s), leaves, fresh, chopped, divided
½ tsp(s), freshly ground
12 oz, Baby Bella, sliced
½ cup(s), dry-variety
Canned fat-free gravy
12 oz, turkey-flavour
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Sprinkle turkey with 2 teaspoons of thyme, salt and pepper; gently press on thyme so it sticks.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof nonstick skillet. Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning once until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and roast until turkey is no longer pink in middle and an instant-read thermometer inserted through center of the side of a tenderloin reads165ºF, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove turkey to a cutting board; cover to keep warm.
- Place same skillet on stove top (remember to grasp handle with an oven mitt as it will be hot). Add mushrooms to skillet and saute over medium-high heat until golden and tender, about 6 minutes. Add wine to skillet; cook 1 minute. Stir in gravy and remaining 2 teaspoons of thyme; heat until simmering. Stir in any juices that have accumulated on cutting board.
- Slice each tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices and spoon gravy over turkey.
- Yields about 3 ounces of turkey and 1/3 cup of mushroom gravy per serving.