Roasted fingerling potatoes with herbs and garlic
1 pound(s), fingerling, washed and dried
2½ tsp(s), divided
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
2 clove(s), medium, finely minced, or to taste
1½ tsp(s), fresh, minced, or to taste
½ tsp(s), fresh, finely chopped, or to taste
½ tsp(s), finely chopped, or to taste
½ tsp(s), freshly ground, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 500ºF; warm a baking pan inside oven while preparing potatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and sea salt until well-coated.
- Reduce oven to 425ºF; remove hot pan from oven. Spread potatoes onto pan; roast about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, herbs and pepper in same bowl you used for potatoes.
- After potatoes have been cooking for 20 to 25 minutes, remove pan from oven; carefully toss potatoes with herb mixture. Return pan to oven; roast until potatoes are crispy outside and soft inside, about 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Serving size: 1/4 of potatoes