Roasted Alberta Pork with Sage Berry Dressing
2 medium, or large shallots, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
⅓ oz, or 2 Tbsp, chopped
1¼ cup(s), coarse
uncooked lean only pork loin
3 pound(s), boneless roast
½ cup(s), fresh leaves
- Coat broiler pan with spray and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine cranberries and cider. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat canola oil in skillet over medium-low heat; cook shallots and sage for about 5 minutes, or until shallots are softened.
- In large bowl mix together bread crumbs, cranberry mixture, and shallot mixture.
- Place pork on cutting board. Cut loin in half almost but not all the way through. Open like a book so loin lies almost flat. Place spinach leaves over one half of loin. Place stuffing on top of spinach. Close the other half of loin on top of “filled” half and tie loin with cooking string to secure.
- Place pork on broiler pan and roast in 375-degree F oven until golden and meat thermometre registers 160-degrees F (70-degrees C), about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes. Carve into 1-inch thick slices. Remove string and serve.