Risotto with asparagus and chives
1 pound(s), regular
4 cup(s), hot
1 small, or spring onion (white and light green part), finely chopped
uncooked arborio rice
1¼ cup(s), or Carnaroli variety, medium-grain
½ cup(s), dry
⅛ tsp, threads
grated Pecorino Romano cheese
4 tsp, chopped fresh
- Cut off 2-inch lengths from asparagus tips and reserve. Cut off 3 inches from ends of asparagus stalks and set aside. Cut remaining asparagus into 1/2-inch slices and reserve.
- To make stock, combine asparagus ends, 3/4 cup reserved sliced asparagus, and water in 6-quart Instant Pot; lock lid. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 10 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Pour stock through sieve set over 4-cup glass measure, pressing on solids; discard. Set stock aside.
- Press Sauté and set cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, add 1 teaspoon oil, reserved asparagus tips and remaining sliced asparagus. Cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, 4–5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to bowl and cover with foil. Leave pot on saute mode.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and leek to pot; cook, stirring, until leek begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring, until coated with oil, about 1 minute longer. Add wine and cook, stirring, until absorbed. Stir in reserved asparagus stock, salt, and saffron. Press cancel to turn off pot.
- Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 5 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid. Stir in reserved asparagus, 1/4 cup Romano, and pepper. Serve sprinkled with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, chives, and lemon zest.
- Per serving: 1 1/2 cups