Red Potato, Kale, and Bacon Hash
Uncooked red potato
680 gm, cut into 1.25-cm (1/2-inch) pieces
Uncooked turkey bacon
5 slice(s), chopped
1 large, chopped
2 large clove(s), thinly sliced
5 cup(s), leaves only, roughly chopped
⅛ tbsp(s), about 4 dashes, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add potatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Heat oil in very large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon until crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside.
- Add potatoes and onion to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 5-8 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and handfuls of kale leaves, tossing with tongs as it cooks down. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender and starting to crisp, 3-5 minutes. Return bacon to pan and toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, cook 4 sunny-side up eggs. Serve each portion of hash with an egg on top and hot sauce on the side.
- Serving size: 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) hash and 1 egg.