2 small, minced
1 clove(s), medium, minced
1½ cup(s), rinsed (unless pre-rinsed purchased)*
Canned chicken broth
Salted dry-roasted pistachio nuts
⅓ cup(s), coarsely chopped
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped, or more to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is transparent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add quinoa; toast for 1 minute.
- Stir in raisins, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Pour in broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until quinoa bursts its skin, is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Set quinoa aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff quinoa mixture with a fork. Repeat several times as quinoa becomes lighter as it cools. Just before serving, sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.