Olive oil cooking spray
2 spray(s), or enough to coat pan and crust
6 Tbsp, chilled and cut up
4 Tbsp, cold, or more if necessary
2 cup(s), chopped
Uncooked ground turkey breast
½ cup(s), or chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (191ºC). Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- To make the crust, place flour in a large bowl or food processor. Add margarine and process, or mix together with your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cold water, one tablespoon at a time, and process or mix until a manageable dough forms; divide dough in half.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into two 12-inch circles. Press one circle into the bottom and up the sides of prepared pie pan; set aside.
- To make the filling, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until tender and golden. Add turkey and water and cook until turkey is cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes; add salt, cloves and pepper and stir to coat.
- Transfer turkey mixture to prepared crust. Arrange second crust on top of turkey mixture and pinch the edges of dough together to seal (for a decorative edge, press a fork along the edge of pie plate). Prick the top crust all over with a fork, or make several slits with a sharp knife. Lightly coat the surface of pie with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Serve with ketchup or chili sauce on the side.