Prairie-style scalloped potatoes
1 cup(s), (1%)
Cheddar or colby cheese
Light sour cream
¼ pinch, ground
2 large, (1 lb), peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 cup(s), chopped, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, 3/4 cup of the cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange half of the potato and onion slices in the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Pour over half of the milk mixture. Top with remaining potatoes and onions, and pour over remaining milk mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes, until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden and bubbly.