Potato Peel Crisps with Rosemary-Lemon Salt
Potato peels are loaded with fibre. Here’s a clever, crunchy way to reap all their health benefits.
6 oz, (170 g) from Russet potatoes
4 tsp(s), (20 ml)
½ tsp(s), (2 ml) divided
1 tsp(s), (5 ml) finely chopped
½ tsp(s), (2 ml) finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss potato peels with oil in a large bowl; arrange in a single layer, skin side up, on prepared pans. Sprinkle with 1 ml (1/4 tsp) tsp salt; transfer to oven and bake 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt, rosemary and lemon zest in a small dish; rub ingredients together between your fingers until aromatic.
- Using two forks, turn potato peels so they are skin side down; rotate pans in oven and bake 2 minutes more. Remove potato crisps to a serving dish; sprinkle salt mixture over top and using two forks, toss well. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 175 ml (3/4 cup)
You’ll need about six 225-g (8-oz)Russet potatoes (scrubbed and well-dried) to make this recipe. Use the potato flesh to make potato soup or mashed potatoes.