Pork lo Mein
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
8 oz, cut in 1/4-inch-wide strips
Low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp(s), divided
2 tbsp(s), fresh, minced
⅛ tsp(s), or to taste (for cooking pasta)
4 oz, or shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
Reduced sodium canned chicken broth
Toasted sesame oil
⅓ cup(s), sliced
- In a medium bowl, toss pork with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, ginger and garlic; let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguini in a large pot of lightly salted water according to package direction; add carrots to pot 5 minutes before linguini will be done. Drain; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and pork. Increase heat to high; stir-fry until mushrooms release their liquid and become lightly browned, and pork is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add drained linguini and carrots, broth, remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil to skillet; toss over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in scallions; serve immediately.
- Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.