Porchetta-Spiced Chicken with Roasted Broccolini
crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp(s), divided
2 clove(s), medium, crushed with garlic press or minced
2 tsp(s), finely chopped
1 tsp(s), finely chopped
½ tsp(s), divided
¼ pinch, divided
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4oz halves
1½ oz, thinly sliced (about 2 thin slices, halved)
1 pound(s), trimmed, halved lengthwise if stalks thick
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place rack in middle of oven. Coat a small shallow baking dish and a small rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toast fennel seeds and 1/8 tsp pepper flakes in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute; transfer to a plate and let cool. Finely grind spices in a spice mill (or use a mortar and pestle); transfer to a small bowl. Add garlic, rosemary, sage, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper; toss to combine.
- Using flat side of a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, working from thickest part of breast outward, until 1/8-inch-thick (see Notes).
- Remove and discard top piece of plastic wrap. Divide half of garlic mixture among chicken breasts; spread in an even layer. Fold in bottom and sides of each piece of chicken; roll up (discard bottom pieces of plastic). Place rolled chicken, seam side down, in prepared dish. Cover with prosciutto; spoon remaining garlic mixture over top.
- On prepared baking sheet, toss together broccolini, oil, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes; in single layer.
- Bake chicken and broccolini on middle rack until chicken is tender and no longer pink, 16-18 minutes, and broccolini is tender, 20-22 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 rolled chicken breast and 3-4 stalks broccolini