1 item(s), with peel, or lime, zested and juiced
2 tsp, or vegetable oil
Thai curry paste
1 tsp(s), red variety (or sambal oelek or chile paste with garlic)
1 pinch, fine variety
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1¼ pound(s), four 5 oz pieces
1 Tbsp, or vegetable oil
- Mix everything together, except chicken and 1 Tbsp oil, in a zip-close plastic bag or large bowl. Taste and see if you’d like more of any ingredient — you might want a bit more heat.
- Add chicken to marinade, turn over to coat, and seal bag or cover bowl. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature or up to 1 day in refrigerator.
- If you’ve chilled the chicken, take it out of refrigerator about 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade); pat chicken dry.
- Pour remaining 1 Tbsp oil into a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook, uncovered, 4 minutes on each side; then cook, covered, 4-5 minutes more. Test for doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer in thickest part of chicken (should be 165°F); transfer chicken to a serving dish.
- Discard whatever oil is in pan and carefully wipe pan clean with paper towels. Pour in reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, then pour sauce over chicken.