Poached eggs with hollandaise and bacon
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Plain fat free yogurt
Fresh lemon juice
White wine vinegar
Uncooked Canadian bacon
English wheat muffin(s)
2 item(s), multigrain or whole wheat variety, split and toasted
4 slice(s), thick
2 tbsp(s), chopped fresh (optional)
- To make sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and lemon zest and juice in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on High until hot, about 30 seconds. Stir in butter until melted. Cover to keep warm.
- To poach eggs, fill large deep skillet or sauté pan with water and bring to boil; add vinegar. Reduce heat to bare simmer. Carefully crack eggs, one at a time, into custard cup and slip into water. Cook until whites are firm but yolks are still soft, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer eggs, one at a time, to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet dry with paper towel. Add Canadian bacon and cook over medium-high heat until heated through and browned in spots, about 1 minute per side.
- Place English muffin half on each of 4 plates. Top with 1 slice tomato, 1 slice bacon, 1 egg, and about 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle with chives, if using.
- Serving size: 1 eggs benedict