Plain yogurt (Slow Cooker)
2% reduced fat milk
- Pour 4 cups reduced-fat (2%) or low-fat (1%) milk into 4- to 8-oz glass jars.
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6-qt Instant Pot and put metal rack in pot. Place jars on rack.
- Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Steam and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 1 minute.
- When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Allow pressure to naturally release. Remove lid and place jars on a work surface.
- Let milk cool to 115°F. Stir in 1 generous tsp plain yogurt with live cultures for each cup milk.
- Return jars to Instant Pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Yogurt and set cooking time for 3 hours for very mild yogurt or up to 8 hours for slightly tangy yogurt.
- When time is up, remove lid. Cover jars and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Yogurt will continue to thicken upon standing.