Pasta with Butternut Squash and Sage
Uncooked butternut squash
20 oz, fresh, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks*
Uncooked bow tie pasta
⅛ tsp(s), for cooking pasta
½ pinch, freshly ground, or to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
5⅓ tbsp(s), Parmigiano Reggiano recommended, divided (1/4 cup plus 4 tsp)
3 tbsp(s), minced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place squash on prepared baking sheet and roast until tender and starting to caramelise, about 25 to 30 minutes.**
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. After squash has been roasting for about 15 minutes, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Add squash, buttermilk, salt and pepper to pot; toss over low heat to warm through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and sage; toss to mix and coat.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups of pasta into each of 4 serving bowls; top each with 1 teaspoon of remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.