Pasta with sausage and ricotta
3 cup(s), farfalle variety
uncooked turkey sausage(s)
3 oz, sweet Italian variety, casing removed
store bought marinara sauce
1 cup(s), or homemade
part-skim ricotta cheese
¼ cup(s), flat-leaf variety, chopped
grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp(s), fresh
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground
- Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
- Combine ricotta, parsley, Parmesan, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add sausage and sauce to pasta; toss to coat. Divide between 4 bowls or plates; top each serving with a dollop of ricotta mixture.
- Serving size: about 1 cup pasta-sausage mixture and 2 1⁄2 tbsp ricotta mixture