Orange-Grilled Scallops with Mint and Tomatoes
0 - 5
PersonalPoints™ per serving
This dish is delicious with rice to soak up the juice from the salad.
6 large, navel
3 tbsp(s), chopped
4 medium, very ripe, chopped
⅛ tsp(s), or to taste
⅛ pinch, or to taste
- Using a grater (or zester), grate enough peel from 2 oranges to yield 2 tablespoons of zest; put 1 tablespoon in each of 2 medium bowls.
- Peel remaing 4 oranges, remove pits and cut segments into 1/2-inch chunks. Add chunks to one bowl of zest, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Squeeze juice from zested oranges and add it to the remaining bowl of zest. Stir in scallops and 1 1/2 tablespoons of mint; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare coals for grill.
- Add tomatoes and remaining mint to the orange chunks; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thread scallops evenly onto 4 wooden skewers and grill until done, about 5 minutes. Spoon 1/4 of the tomato salad onto each of 4 plates and top with a skewer of scallops. (Note: Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.)