No-Noodle Vegetable Lasagna
6 spray(s), divided
1 medium, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
2 large, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
Part-skim ricotta cheese
1 large egg(s), beaten
¼ cup(s), cut into thin strips
Grated Parmesan cheese
Store bought marinara sauce
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat 2 sheet pans with cooking spray.
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on 1 pan and the zucchini on the other pan. Coat the vegetables with cooking spray. Roast for 8 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and continue to roast until tender, 7 to 10 minutes more. Remove the vegetables from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, basil, and 1⁄4 cup of the Parmesan. Coat the bottom and sides of a 14-by-8-inch baking dish or 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread a thin layer of marinara (1⁄4 to 1⁄3 cup) on the bottom of the dish. Layer all the eggplant slices on top, overlapping them if necessary. Cover the eggplant with half the remaining marinara. Spread half the ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella. Top with the zucchini. Cover the zucchini with the remaining marinara. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until the lasagna begins to bubble, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
- Yields 1 piece per serving.