Mexican Chopped Salad with Scallops
12 oz, sea variety
2 medium, quartered and pressed flat
3 medium, chopped
2 medium, sliced
½ small, peeled and chopped
1 cup(s), golden variety, chopped
⅓ cup(s), chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp(s), grated
Fresh lime juice
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium-high, or prepare medium-high fire in charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix salt, cumin, and black pepper. Coat scallops and chiles with nonstick spray and sprinkle with 3⁄4 tsp salt blend. (If desired, thread the scallops onto skewers for easy turning on the grill.)
- In large bowl, mix tomatoes, scallions, jicama, pineapple, cilantro, oil, lime zest and juice, and remaining salt blend for salad.
- Grill scallops and chiles, turning once, until scallops are just cooked through and chiles are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- Chop grilled chiles. Cut scallops into quarters. Mix chiles and scallops into salad and serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1¼ cups salad and 4 scallops