Mexican Chili Beef Burgers
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
¼ cup(s), minced
1½ tbsp(s), ancho variety
Canned salted tomato juice
1 egg white(s), large
½ pinch, freshly ground
3 medium, ripe, diced (about 1/2 cup total)
3 medium, diced, (about 1/4 cup)
⅓ medium, Hass, diced
1 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
Fresh lime juice
Reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
4 item(s), toasted on grill
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, tomato juice, egg white, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; combine thoroughly. Form mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch thick each.
- Place burgers on grill and increase heat to medium-high; cook for 5 minutes. Flip burgers and cook for 5 minutes more. Flip and cook 1 minute more on each side for medium (and longer for desired degree of doneness).
- Meanwhile, make salsa. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, radishes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; mix to combine.
- Serve each burger on a roll topped with about 1/4 cup of salsa.