Mexican black bean, zucchini and corn bowl with cumin-lime drizzle
3 cup(s), diced
Extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp(s), minced
Fresh lime juice
4 tsp(s), warm
Canned black beans
2 cup(s), rinsed and drained (or freshly cooked)
Canned yellow corn
2 cup(s), fresh corn kernels or defrosted, frozen corn
Fat free salsa
½ medium, sliced, diced
Crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup(s), leaves
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange zucchini on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray and season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Roast until browned, 20-25 minutes.
- While zucchini roasts, whisk to make cumin-lime drizzle, whisk together oil, shallot, lime juice, water, cumin, chili powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- When ready to assemble, line up 4 bowls. Scoop into each bowl 1/2 c zucchini, 1/2 c beans and 1/2 c corn. Drizzle each with 2 Tbsp dressing. Garnish each with 1/4 c salsa, 2 Tbsp avocado, 2 Tbsp feta, 1 Tbsp cilantro and 1 Tbsp scallion.
- Serving size: 1 bowl (about 2 c)