Maple Baked Chicken Breasts
1 hr 21 min
1 hr 6 min
Sweet yet slightly savoury, you'll love our baked chicken with maple-infused onion sauce -- a perfect Canadian dish!
⅛ tsp(s), or to taste
⅛ pinch(es), or to taste
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
1 medium, thinly sliced
Fat free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour mixture, patting off excess.
- Coat a large nonstick, ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Stir together maple syrup, thyme and sage and pour over chicken. Lay onions over chicken and then pour chicken broth over all. Cover and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan sauce.
- Yields 1 chicken breast and about 3 tablespoons of sauce per serving.
SERVING SIZE (1 chicken breast and about 3 tablespoons of sauce) 217 Cal, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 236 mg Sod, 19 g Total Carb, 13 g Sugar, 12 g Added Sugar, 1 g Fib, 27 g Prot.