2½ cup(s), elbow macaroni variety
White all-purpose flour
Fat free skim milk
1 cup(s), puree
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup(s), shredded, shredded
Olive oil cooking spray
Grated parmigiano reggiano
2 tbsp(s), finely grated
- Preheat oven to 218.3°C (425ºF).
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt if desired, and reducing cooking time by 2 minutes so it is just al dente. Drain macaroni in a colander; set aside (do not rinse).
- Place butter in same pot; set over medium heat. After butter melts, stir in flour; cook, stirring, until light golden brown, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Add pumpkin puree, Cheddar cheese, salt, paprika, and garlic powder; stir well until all ingredients are combined and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Turn off heat; stir in cooked macaroni.
- Coat two 6-hole nonstick doughnut pans with cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly among holes; divide macaroni mixture among them. Bake until tops are golden brown and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Let pans sit for 10 minutes and then invert doughnuts onto a dish; serve.
- Serving size: 1 donut