Lemony Pork Piccata
Uncooked lean trimmed pork loin
1 pound(s), trimmed, 4 (1/4-pound) chops
2 medium, finely chopped
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp(s), tiny, drained
2 tbsp(s), chopped, flat-leaf parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp(s), grated
- Place pork between two pieces of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound to 0.3‑cm (⅛‑in) thickness.
- Mix together flour, 5 ml (1 tsp) salt, and pepper in large shallow bowl. Coat pork with seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 10 ml (2 tsp) butter with oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add shallots, garlic, broth, lemon juice, and capers to skillet, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring once or twice, until sauce is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 5 ml (1 tsp) butter and 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt. Return pork with any accumulated juices to skillet, turning pork to coat with sauce.
- Place 1 cutlet on each of 4 plates and spoon sauce over. Mix together parsley, Parmesan, and lemon zest in cup and sprinkle over pork.
- Per serving: 1 pork cutlet and about 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sauce