Lemon-thyme roast chicken with sweet potatoes and fennel
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp(s), extra virgin
4 tsp(s), chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
1 pound(s), (4 thighs)
1 pound(s), (2 small bulbs)
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray (or just coat pan with cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, combine wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper; add chicken to bowl and toss to coat.
- Trim fennel fronds and coarsely chop fronds; reserve.
- Cut fennel bulbs into quarters through core, leaving wedges intact; add to marinade.
- Cut sweet potatoes and shallots into thin wedges; add to marinade and toss to coat.
- Evenly spread chicken-vegetable mixture on prepared baking sheet and roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables begin to brown, about 35 to 40 minutes; serve garnished with reserved fennel fronds.
- Yields 1 chicken thigh and 1/4 each potatoes, fennel and shallots.