Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
Here's a super weeknight dinner the whole family will love—and it’s ready in just 30 minutes. Thinly slicing the chicken will ensure it cooks quickly and evenly. Covering the pan when the broccoli cooks helps build up steam, bathing the florets in heat and cooking the tops that aren’t in contact with the hot pan. You’ll need 1 small to medium head of broccoli to produce enough florets and 1 lemon to yield enough zest and juice for this entrée. Round out the meal with a side of angel hair pasta, rice, or couscous to soak up the sauce.
½ tsp(s), divided
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, thinly sliced
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1½ cup(s), divided
2½ cup(s), small florets
2 tsp(s), or more to taste
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
Fresh lemon juice
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Serving size: 1 cup
SERVING SIZE (1 cup) 166 Cal, 5 g Total Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 528 mg Sod, 8 g Total Carb, 1 g Sugar, 0 g Added Sugar, 2 g Fib, 22 g Prot.