14½ oz, whole peeled
Canned tomato paste
2 medium, coarsely chopped
¼ tsp, or to taste
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), medium, crushed
12 Tbsp, leaves, torn
Uncooked lasagna noodles
½ pound(s), cooked (about 9 noodles)
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup(s), shredded, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Blend undrained canned tomatoes with paste until combined. Stir in fresh chopped tomatoes and sugar.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices; place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes, rinse and drain.
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Cook eggplant in batches until soft and well-browned; set aside.
- Cook leeks and garlic in the same pan, stirring until leeks soften.
- Cover bottom of prepared pan with 3 cooked noodles. Layer with 1/2 each eggplant, tomato mixture, leeks, basil and cheese. Repeat with 3 more noodles and top with rest of eggplant, tomato mixture, leeks and basil. Top with remaining noodles and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.