Lamb korma with banana raita
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, coarsely chopped
1 piece(s), peeled fresh ginger, finely chopped
3 clove(s), small, finely chopped
2 tbsp(s), coarsely chopped cilantro stems
¾ tsp(s), or to taste
Canned diced tomatoes
Light unsweetened coconut milk
Uncooked lean and trimmed lamb leg(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 2-cm (¾-in) pieces
Uncooked butternut squash
2 cup(s), (2-cm [¾-in]) cubes
3 tbsp(s), chopped fresh
1 small, diced
Plain lowfat yogurt
2 tbsp(s), chopped fresh
½ tsp(s), grated, peeled, fresh ginger
- Spray bottom of 6-quart Instant Pot with nonstick spray; press Sauté. When Hot is displayed, add onion, ginger, garlic, and cilantro stems. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and coconut milk and stir to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in lamb. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 14 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steamrelease valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid. Stir in squash. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 3 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam-release valve to Venting position to release pressure. Remove lid. Stir in cilantro.
- Meanwhile, to make raita, stir together all ingredients in serving bowl. Serve with lamb.
- Per serving: 425 ml (1¾ cups) korma and 45 ml (3 Tbsp) raita