Kung Pao Chicken Skewers
Low sodium soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Garlic chili paste
1 tsp(s), grated peeled
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into 1-inch chunks (32 chunks)
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), small, red or yellow bell pepper, (or half of each) cut into 1-inch pieces (24 pieces)
8 medium, liight-green parts cut into 5-cm (2-in)-long pieces (16 pieces), dark-green parts sliced for garnish
Roasted salted shelled peanuts
28 gm, 3 tbsp chopped
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, and ginger. Transfer 1 1/2 tbsp sauce to small bowl and set aside for serving.
- Alternately skewer chicken, pepper and scallions onto 8 10-inch wooden skewers (4 pieces chicken, 3 pieces pepper and 2 pieces scallions on each)
- Heat stovetop grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Coat skewers with cooking spray. Place skewers on pan or grill and cook 3 minutes; flip and cook until chicken and vegetables are lightly golden, about 3 minutes more.
- Brush skewers with sauce; turn and grill 1 minute. Continue brushing, turning, and grilling skewers every minute until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer to serving platter and drizzle with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with sliced scallions and chopped peanuts.
- Per serving: 2 skewers