Kale salad with warm bacon dressing
6 cup(s), leaves only, shredded
Uncooked turkey bacon
4 slice(s), chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, thinly sliced
8 oz, thinly sliced
Red wine vinegar
Whole hard boiled egg(s)
4 egg(s), large, chopped
- Put kale in a large salad bowl; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 5-7 minutes; drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in vinegar, mustard and sugar. Add bacon and gently stir; spoon over kale and toss well. Allow salad to sit for 5 minutes; add eggs and serve.
- Serving size: 2 1/2 c salad