Jalapeno Poppers Created by Ambassador Victoria Plante
Enjoy a healthy, tasty twist on this classic party finger-food for game day, cocktail parties, or movie nights. The filling is creamy and rich while the outside provides a crunchy and crisp bite. Watch them disappear as soon as you place them down. You can fill the peppers ahead of time—up to a day ahead—and just add a few extra minutes to the bake time.
Light cream cheese
Shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
7 slice(s), cut into small pieces
2 medium, sliced in half and seeded
Dried plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and pepperoni. Mix until well combined.
- Slice jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds (Oil and seeds from the peppers can be irritating—keep your fingers away from your eyes.) Fill each pepper half with cream cheese mixture and top with bread crumbs.
- Transfer the peppers to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the filling is bubbly and the outside begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving size: 1 jalapeno half