Instant Pot Salmon with Melted Leeks and Miso Butter
3 large, white and light-green parts only, halved, sliced, and rinsed (about 3 cups)
1 tbsp(s), softened
Uncooked farmed skinless salmon fillet(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-oz) fillets, with or without skin
2 tsp(s), fresh, peeled, divided
Low sodium soy sauce
2 medium, thinly sliced
- In a 6-quart Instant Pot, combine the leeks, 2 tsp of the butter, the salt, and 1⁄2 cup water. Set a rack on top of the leeks and coat with cooking spray. Arrange the fish, skin-side down, on the rack. Rub the fish with 1 tsp of the ginger and brush with the soy sauce.
- Lock the lid, making sure the vent is closed. Select Steam and set the cooking time for 4 minutes. When the time is up, press Cancel to turn off the pot. Move the steam release handle to the venting position to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir the miso, honey, vinegar, and the remaining 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp ginger until smooth.
- Carefully remove the rack with the fish from the pot. Spread the miso butter over the fish. Cover to keep warm.
- Press Sauté and set the cooking time for 10 minutes. When the leeks start to sizzle, cook until the leeks are very tender and most of the liquid in the pot has evaporated, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press Cancel to turn off the pot. Divide the leeks among 4 plates and top with the fish. Garnish with the scallions.
- Serving size: 1 piece salmon, 1/3 cup leeks, and scant 1 tablespoon miso butter