Grilled Vegetable Packets with Sage
Olive oil cooking spray
1¼ pound(s), yellow, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
4 small, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
12 medium, ripe, firm
⅛ pinch, or to taste
1 tbsp(s), about 4 large leaves
- Preheat grill to medium. Cut four 12-inch square sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil; lightly coat each with cooking spray.
- Place squash, shallots and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper; toss to coat. Place 1/4 of vegetable mixture on each sheet of foil. Top each packet with a sage leaf; sprinkle with vinegar.
- Fold top and bottom of foil sheets to centre; fold in edges. Do not press down; leave space for steam to build up.
- Grill packets until shallots and squash are fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. (To test for doneness, carefully open one packet and pierce squash with the tip of a knife. If the knife comes out easily, the vegetables are done.)
- Remove packets from heat. Carefully open packets (make sure to keep face away from escaping steam) and gently mix vegetables with packet juices. Yields 1 packet per serving.