Grilled turkey with veggie kebabs
Uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
1 pound(s), boneless, skinless, four 4 oz pieces
Canned tomato sauce
Black bean sauce
2 large, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
½ pound(s), stems trimmed
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Wrap turkey in plastic wrap and pound to 3/4-inch thickness; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together tomato sauce, black bean sauce and liquid smoke; set aside 1/2 cup for basting. Add turkey to remaining sauce and turn to coat.
- Skewer alternating pieces of zucchini and mushrooms onto 4 wooden or metal skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent scorching.
- Grill turkey and skewers, basting frequently with reserved sauce, until turkey is golden brown and cooked through, and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes per side.
- Yields 1 turkey breast and 1 skewer per serving.