Grilled stuffed jalapenos
1/3 less fat cream cheese
½ cup(s), softened
low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
6 tbsp(s), or Cheddar jack, divided
2 tbsp(s), sliced
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
¼ tsp(s), (plus extra for garnish)
- Before heating, coat grill rack with cooking spray; preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut off a thin slice from one side of each pepper, leaving stems intact; scoop out seeds with a grapefruit spoon or a small spoon (be careful not to touch seeds with bare hands).
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, 3 tablespoons shredded cheese, scallions, cilantro, salt, garlic and paprika until blended.
- Fill each pepper with about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture; sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons shredded cheese evenly over peppers and sprinkle with more paprika, if desired.
- Reduce heat to medium; grill, covered, until bottoms of peppers are lightly charred, peppers are tender and cheese is melted, about 7 to 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Yields 1 pepper per serving.