Grilled Stuffed Jalapeños
12 large, halved with stems intact
Low fat cream cheese
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1½ oz, (about 6 tbsp), divided
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
2 tbsp(s), sliced
¼ tsp(s), (or more to taste)
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium-high, or prepare medium-high fire in charcoal grill.
- Cut off thin slice from bottom of each jalapeño half. Scoop out seeds with grapefruit spoon or other small spoon. (Be careful not to touch the seeds and membranes with bare hands.)
- In medium bowl, stir cream cheese, 3 tbsp cheddar, cilantro, scallions, garlic, 1⁄4 tsp paprika, and salt until combined. Fill each jalapeño half with about 2 tsp cream cheese filling. Dividing equally, sprinkle tops with remaining 3 tbsp cheddar. Sprinkle lightly with more paprika, if desired.
- Reduce heat to medium, or move jalapeños to cooler side of grill. Close lid and grill jalapeños until bottoms are lightly charred and tender and cheese is melted, 7 to 8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 halved jalapeño with filling