Grilled Salmon with Mustard-Herb Crust
3 tbsp(s), leaves, fresh, chopped
3 tbsp(s), leaves, stemmed
1 pinch, freshly ground
Uncooked skinless wild salmon fillet
1¼ pound(s), though skinless recommended, Atlantic-variety
4 tbsp(s), regular or grainy-variety
- Prepare the grill for direct, medium-heat cooking.
- Mix the rosemary, thyme and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spray the bottom of the fish fillets with cooking spray (that is, spray the piece of the fillet where the skin would have been, usually with some gray or brown mottling on it).
- Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on the top of each fillet. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the herb mixture on top of each.
- Place fish herb-side up on the grate directly over the heat. Cover the grill and cook until the fish flakes when gently scraped with a fork, about 12 minutes. Transfer to plates with a wide spatula. Yields 1 fillet per serving.