Grilled Halibut and Pineapple
Packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp(s), grated
Uncooked halibut fillet(s)
1¼ pound(s), four 6 oz fillets cut 1/2-inch thick
Fresh lime juice
½ medium, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick spears (about 2 cups)
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill.
- Place zest, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of ginger, salt and cayenne pepper in a zip-close plastic bag; shake to combine and add fish. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a second plastic bag, place remaining brown sugar and ginger, and pineapple. Allow to marinate for 5 minutes; remove pineapple and add resulting juices to fish.
- Grill pineapple until heated through, turning once, about 8 minutes. Remove to a serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cook fish, brushing with marinade, over direct heat until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place on serving platter with pineapple. Yields about 1 fillet plus 1/2 cup pineapple per serving.