Grilled eggplant, tomato and feta stacks
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp(s), extra virgin
1 tbsp(s), leaves (plus more for garnish)
¼ tsp(s), very finely minced
¾ tsp(s), divided (or to taste)
⅛ pinch, freshly ground (or to taste)
1 large, trimmed, sliced into twelve 1/2-in rounds
2 large, ends trimmed, cut into six slices each
Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic and 1ml (1/4 tsp) salt; set aside for flavours to blend.
- Coat eggplant with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 2ml (1/2 tsp) salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant until lightly charred and tender, turning as needed, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip eggplant over and brush with lemon mixture; top each with 1 slice tomato and 15ml (1 Tbsp) feta. Cover grill and cook until tomato and feta soften slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter and garnish with addition oregano leaves, if desired.
- Yields 1 eggplant stack per serving.