Grilled Cuban chicken with black bean and mango salsa
Unsweetened orange juice
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
Fresh lime juice
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
½ tsp(s), freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1¼ pound(s), four 5-oz pieces
Canned black beans
1 cup(s), rinsed and drained
1 cup(s), fresh, cubed
Uncooked red onion(s)
2 tbsp(s), chopped, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; remove 1/2 cup and place in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and turn to coat; seal bag and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, add beans, mango and onion to bowl with orange juice mixture; toss, cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, coat grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, turning as needed, until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving plates and spoon salsa over chicken; pour any liquid left in bottom of bowl over top.
- Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1/2 cup of salsa per serving.