Grilled chicken with strawberry chili salsa
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), (115 g [4 oz] each breast)
1 cup(s), 1.25-cm (1/2-in) freshly diced
uncooked red onion(s)
¼ cup(s), chopped
2 cup(s), raw
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Zest lime; set aside. Juice lime; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lime juice, garlic,2 ml (1/2 tsp) oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat both sides and set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, remaining lime juice, remaining 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp)oil and reserved lime zest; set aside.
- Off heat, lightly coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Grill chicken, flipping once, until an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 75°C (165°F), 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 75 ml (2/3 cup) salsa