Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Chili Salsa
- Total Time
The addition of jalapeno to fruit salsa adds wonderful heat. Leave in more or less jalapeno seeds depending on your threshold.
fresh lime(s)1 medium
minced garlic2 tsp, (10 ml)
olive oil2 tsp, (10 ml)
table salt½ tsp, (2 ml)
black pepper¼ pinch, (1 ml)
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), (115 g [4 oz] each breast)
pineapple1 cup(s), 1.25-cm (1/2-in) freshly diced
uncooked red onion(s)¼ cup(s), chopped, (60 ml)
cilantro2 Tbsp, (30 ml)
jalapeño pepper(s)2 tsp, (10 ml)
sugar1 tsp, (5 ml)
strawberries2 cup(s), raw
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Zest lime; set aside. Juice lime; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lime juice, garlic,2 ml (1/2 tsp) oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat both sides and set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, remaining lime juice, remaining 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp)oil and reserved lime zest; set aside.
- Off heat, lightly coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Grill chicken, flipping once, until an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 75°C (165°F), 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 75 ml (2/3 cup) salsa