Grilled chicken sausage subs with creamy dijon slaw
shredded red cabbage
¼ cup(s), minced
1 tbsp(s), minced (plus extra for garnish)
reduced calorie mayonnaise
apple cider vinegar
cooked chicken sausage(s)
12 oz, sweet Italian recommended (four 3 oz links)
reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
4 item(s), whole-grain
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine carrot, cabbage, shallot, and parsley. Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and sugar; pour over slaw mixture and toss well.
- Grill sausages, turning a few times, until lightly browned and grill marks are evident, about 5-6 minutes. Grill buns until lightly toasted.
- Serve sausages in buns topped with slaw and garnished with parsley.
- Serving size: 1 bun, 1 sausage and about 1/4 cup slaw