- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), (450 g), cutlets
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, (2 ml)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, (1 ml)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, (375 ml), quartered
- 8 medium olive(s), pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, (15 ml), drained
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, (15 ml),
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, (0.5 ml) (1 pinch)
- 1 tsp anchovy paste, (5 ml, optional)
- 2 Tbsp basil, (30 ml), fresh, slivered
Coat a grill pan with cooking spray; set pan over mediumhigh heat. (Alternately, coat an outdoor grill with cooking spray; heat to medium-high).
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; grill 23 minutes. Flip chicken; grill until just cooked through, 12 minutes more. Transfer to a platter; let rest 5 minutes.
While chicken rests, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives and capers; set aside.
Warm oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté until just fragrant, about 30 seconds; stir in anchovy paste if using.
Add anchovy mixture to tomato mixture; stir gently. Sprinkle with basil; stir gently. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.
- It’s best to use chicken breasts that are the same thickness so they cook at the same rate. If necessary, lightly pound chicken to an even thickness. Serving size: 3 oz chicken and ½ c sauce